By now most of you probably know that we are adding another boy to our family in a few weeks! My prayer from the beginning of this pregnancy was that God would give our family exactly what we needed. What I needed. And I truly believe He has granted me the desires of my heart with this little guy.
It has been interesting to hear the responses of people when they find out we are having another boy. It's typically such a lukewarm, almost disheartened response that when the question arises my anxiety level peaks at the anticipation of a negative reaction. Maybe it's the hormones talking, but let me just put this out there up front. You should never EVER tell a woman that you wished they were having the opposite gender of whatever they are having. Don't even react with a hint of disappointment. It's hurtful and even a little bit disrespectful. Every baby is a gift and is placed into a family for a reason. Our family will have two boys and I am over the moon about it! And in answer to the inevitable: "Are you going to try for a girl?" question, the answer is No. If, and it's a big (more likely an act of God) IF, we choose to have more children, then it will be because we decide that we want to have three beautiful children in our family NOT because we are trying to add an extra shot of estrogen to the house. I bring enough emotional female drama to the table, right JP?
Of course I worry about silly things, like the inevitable comparisons that might present themselves. The parental fear that comes from having two energetic and testosterone-filled boys in the family. But overall, I am OVERJOYED!
1. Cowboy boots - Oddly enough, it has always been a dream of mine to see two little boys running around in khaki shorts, button downs, and cowboy boots. Ahhh the cuteness!
2. We Won't Lose Our House - Times are tough for the P family, so I'm pumped that we can reuse everything we already have and that I won't have use all the money from my second job to buy a million coordinating headbands and tiny pairs of shoes on etsy (because I probably would have).
3. Boys are the Sweetest - Girls are probably sweet too, but as far as I know boys aren't as sassy to their mommas. I just have to worry about them driving too fast and making poor choices with girls. Eek!
4. More Workers on the Farm - Let's not ignore the fact that we'll have another pair of hands on the farm. Lord knows I'm no help!
5. Daddy Has Good Genes - We already know we make adorable boys, so why mess with a good thing?
6. Boys Think I'm Awesome - I was a junior high youth group leader and the 7th grade boys were my favorites! I love that boys are so easygoing and won't be easily embarrassed by their dorky mom. (At least not for a few years.)
Yay for boys! And yay for babies of all shapes, sizes and sexes!